Friday, April 26, 2019

Ocupado

So, this is why I haven’t written a post in the last hundred years… I am painting  some furniture to sell in an upcoming festival. If I had to give my “style” a name  I would call it “Le Artsy Fartsy”. It is a combination of whimsy, left over paint, and rum. I actually have done this before and sold the furniture. The only problem is, I did this over a decade ago and am ridiculously out of practice. The good news is, when I screw up, I can sand it off and start over again. It’s actually been a lot of fun and I’ve gotten good feedback from what I’ve done so far. The jewel toned chair is finished and the yellow one is what I am working on now. I have two more child sized chairs to work on, two adult size chairs and a cradle to do. My goal is to have it all finished by May 4th. If I don’t get it all finished in time for the festival, I may just try selling it locally or on Facebook. Right now I’m just having a good time revamping my art skills.

Also, my mom moved back to Tennessee, and I’ve been helping her with that. We spent a good two to three weeks cleaning, painting and refinishing the home she moved into. It’s an older place and needed some work, but now it looks good. I’m hoping it will feel like a good home for her. In truth, I’m hoping she will live there for the next hundred years or until one of us dies, because moving is such a pain in the butt. I’d rather not ever have to do it again. Richy and I had hoped to move out of our loft one day - that is until we moved my mother. Now we will be living in this loft until they move us to a casket… I am never moving. Not ever. Or else I’m just going to set my current home on fire, move somewhere new and start over. I am NOT moving all my junk. Screw that.

Anyway, that’s about all that’s been happening in my world. Granted, it doesn’t sound like much, but it has kept me very occupied for the last few weeks. I have hardly had time to figure out whether I’m coming or going. Thank you all for reading if you still are, and I hope you have a wonderful day!






2 comments:

  1. You have such a great eye and artistic mind for this stuff! I love it and I'm glad you are back to "arting" on a regular basis #followyourdreams #greatwork #yougogirl ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the aforementioned mother and an eye witness to Le Artsy Fartsy I can vouch for your talent and your dedication to relocating my junk. Thank you immensely and Viva Le AF!!

    ReplyDelete